Dear Family and Friends,
Happy Happy Monday! This past week was awesome! We met some more less actives and we even got a hold of one of the investigator families that they were teaching before I came to this area. We went there to teach them one thing but they asked about us not drinking tea when we turned it down so we ended up teaching about the Word of Wisdom. The family of three took it very well. They said they want to come to church but last time they did, they got lost and didn't go. The bishop doesn't live too far from them so we arranged for bishop's wife to take them to church. They came and everyone was very nice to them and very welcoming and they loved the church. The father said that he felt something different there that he has ever felt in any other church. It was cool to hear that. To make things even better, there is a less active family that hasn't been to church for a long time. Bishop gave us the challenge to get them to church because we were going to see them Saturday night. The son just got out of rehab and the rest of the family don't ever come to church. We invited them when we saw them on Saturday and lo and behold, they showed up to church on Sunday. The whole family!! There was another less active YSA girl that we are visiting and she came to church as well and everyone loved seeing them there. They made a special welcome to the less actives in priesthood and it was pretty cool. They said they'll be there next week, which will be my last Sunday here.
Yup, you heard right, I'm leaving this area already. In fact, we are both leaving becasue they are closing the Gold Reef area since there is a shortage of missionaries and Gold Reef isn't doing too well with the numbers and what not. We told Tilly this news and she was so sad. Everyone else we tell dont' really care. They never worked with the missionaries anyway so they wont really miss them.
Congratulations Jill and Villi for making a baby! I like the name too, Troy Ham...ani. something. Seriously though, I like it. I dont' remember it but I liked it when I read it. Has anyone gotten any new callings? I heard that Rachael is in the Primary and in charge of the music. I want that to be my calling when I get home so I can play the guitar for the kids and they can sing. That'd be fun.
Next week I'll tell you where I'm going to be transfered to. I'm thinking it's going to be in Pretoria, but we'll see.
Well, I'm sorry I dont' have a picture today. I dont really take my camera out with me much. I'll take some with members and stuff before I leave so I'll give you a picture of the Mwanawasa family and their new black baby. I love you all so much, and no I haven't gotten the letter with the $$ in it yet. It could be at the office today, but I'll find out later today. Thanks for being great! Take care and CTR.
Love,
Elder Langston
Tuesday, 20 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment