Jordan doesn't know when to come in from the sun.
Dear Family and Friends,
Well, this week has been a slow week. We didn't really do too much. New Year's Eve we had a braai at the chapel with other Elders and we played some ball and watched a little movie there. On New Years Day we went to the office to play volleyball and have another braai with other missionaries. I didn't play much volleyball. Instead I sat and watched them. By the time we went home, I had painful legs and feet and they were pretty pink. The next day, they were killing. I burned the tops of my feet real good and my legs up to my knees. The lady in charge of the medical stuff for the missionaries told me to go to the trauma center and get it checked out. I did and they said I have third degree burns on my feet. I haven't been able to wear shoes or socks for a couple of days so we dont get to do any work. I did re-arrange the flat a couple times and done lots of studying and cleaning my room. I was reading some of the epistles that Paul wrote to the Corinthians and also the Romans. I read chapter 7 in Romans where he talks very poetically about his sins using the famous line "Oh wretched man that I am". It's really quite interesting of the similarity with Paul and Nephi in 2 Nephi I think its chapter 4. When Lehi gives his dying words to his grandkids and then Nephi talks about his infirmities and uses pretty much the same words and Paul. My favorite part of both accounts is the happy ending. They both go on to talk about our Savior and all that He has done for us to clean us from sin. I was obviously on adderall while I was reading. :) But I sure got a good study out of it.
I've been getting a lot of calls from the medical lady, Sister Gittins, checking up on my and telling me to put crazy stuff on my burns. She first told me to put cucumbers on and that'll take the sting away. We then got a call from her about 9:30 last night telling me that she heard that plain yougurt does the trick as well. I told her that I've heard of that one and the RS ladies at home got me to do that once. What's funny is that she was telling me all this stuff after I'd been to the doctor and gotten some cream and pills. I think the pills were for the swelling that was going on with my feet. These are some pictures of some of the feet that got burned. Oh yeah, we also went to Gold Reef City for New Years Eve and had a good time there. I hope the video works. This is a roller coaster that the kart detaches from the main coast on ground level then gets lifted up by some kind of hoist to an extreme height and reunited with the tracks again. They then fall straight down and under ground. It was quite the thrill! The sky pictures were taken at the members house that we had Christmas Eve with. The skies here are so beautiful! I hope you enjoy the suit pics! I took the suit back but haven't gotten another one yet. I'll just wait till closer to going home if I really want a suit. I might just wait till I'm home and working and making money before I go buy a suit.
I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
I love you all so much! You are all too good to me and are great examples to me. Also in 2 Nephi 4 when Lehi is talking to Laman's kids he says some stuff like parents are to teach the kids in righteousness and when they teach the children then they wont go astray when they get older. I'm thankful for you teaching me righteously when I was young. Even though I mess up here and there, I will not go astray and be cast off forever. Thanks again! I love you. Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Jordan Langston
I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
I love you all so much! You are all too good to me and are great examples to me. Also in 2 Nephi 4 when Lehi is talking to Laman's kids he says some stuff like parents are to teach the kids in righteousness and when they teach the children then they wont go astray when they get older. I'm thankful for you teaching me righteously when I was young. Even though I mess up here and there, I will not go astray and be cast off forever. Thanks again! I love you. Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Jordan Langston

No comments:
Post a Comment