Monday, 12 January 2009

It's true isn't it? Then what else matters?

Dear Family and Friends,

Happy Monday to you all. I love this gospel! After Bryce's passing away, it has been kinda hard. Oh yeah, I'll tell you a little story. When I checked my email, the first thing I saw was the email "sad, sad news". I read that and just sat there a bit thinking. It's so weird because I wrote an email to him a couple weeks ago and we made plans to get together when I get home to rock out. It's crazy to think that he wont be there when I get home. I read in Alma 40 and it's cool to know where we go when we die. It's cool to know that we'll be resurrected and able to see each other again. I love this gospel! I love being able to share these truths to people. Well, the people who will listen to me.

This week has been a pretty good one. We got a hold of some of the less actives. In fact, one of them was a girl, black, and her extended family and we went there just to say hey, share something, and invite her back to church. After about 25 minutes we were going to take off but she asked if we could stay a little longer because she likes having missionaries at her house. So we stayed for a little bit longer and gave her an assignment in the scriptures and everything. It was nice.

Tilly, the lady in the ward that was pregnant, finally gave birth to her baby on the 7th when it was due before Christmas. It was crazy, and she says the baby almost killed her when she was giving birth. As she was in labor and heading to the hospital, her husbands car got a flat tire and when the bishop got to them and took them to the hospital, she was already dilated to a 10. She went home the next morning and we went over to say hey to them. She was swollen and her eyes were totally blood shot. There was a bunch of pressure, she says, and she really thought she was going to die. They hooked her up to oxygen for a bit but she's doing ok now. Both her and the baby are doing well and we saw them last night and we have gotten them to read in the evenings and we are going to go over there to read BOM stories with them and their kids. Their adopted son is going to be ten this year and isn't baptized yet so we are going to start teaching him and helping him out. He's not very smart. He can't read good but he can speak descent english. He's a funny kid. He's the one in the pic with Tilly, the pregnant lady in black. The family use to be less active but they are starting to see that things are happening for a reason and are starting to turn more towards the gospel again and toward God. They are a cool family.

This upcoming week is going to be the busiest we've had so far. We've got a lot of appointments with LA members and also other members to give referrals. The work is starting to pick up now. I'm doing a lot better now days! I'm glad to hear how everyone is doing. I'm glad you got to go to the funeral as well. I'll have to send his family a quick one. I got to thinking, when I go to school I'm going to live close to the school so I dont have to drive in the snow when it comes down. Deal? Good.

So I didn't have any pictures to send home, but I did find this here webcam to take a picture of me so you can see how fat I am.
Well, family. I sure do love you all! Take care and CTR.

Love,
Elder Langston

No comments: