Dear Family and Friends!
The work is going well! The people here are doing awesome!! I am still healthy and enjoying the guidance of the Spirit.
First off, Richard is doing great! We saw him and he's been praying and reading. We taught him the plan of salvation and he asked, "when are you going to baptize me?" So he sees how important it is to be baptized, so thats good. The only thing that was disappointing is that he didn't come to church like he promised. We just need to get him there and then he'll be hooked, I just know it.
About baptizing boys, no, I haven't baptized any in this area but in Thaba Nchu, we baptized 2 guys. You dont really understand how hard it is to get guys that are sober to teach. The beer flows like....some massive river or something. There's a lot of beer here. In fact, every weekend everyone is drunk and it's hard to tract. I almost hit two drunk guys while going 120 on the freeway. Thats 120 km/h!
I can't really think about what else happend this week that was totally awesome. We did some yard work for some less actives and that was nice to do. We've been doing a lot of tracting to build up our teaching pool with people who are really serious about the gospel. So far, we haven't found too many, but we aren't giving up!
Today we are going to Moya's to carve pumpkins with her and her friend that we are teaching. It'll be good fun! We helped the Thulo family get started on making masks and they are so cool! I'll have to send some pictures when we do it. We are doing it next Monday night!
Moya's sister's baby is doing better now. Susan is doing better and she told us how blessed she is to have people explain what the scriptures say. She said she can tell its the true church because we help people understand things instead of just telling them whats up. She'll be a good member!
Well family, I'm glad to hear that you had a great time with Dan and Nicole. I'm glad to hear that Bryce is coming home and Ali is getting married. Thanks for all the support you give to me! I sure do love you all! I hear its been snowing a bit down there! That is neat. We got the first rain of the season the other day and it was nice and wet. We gave Nosisa a blessing in her shack while the rain was pelting the tin roof so hard. I was pretty much yelling the blessing. She had some surgery because of hemorrhoids gone bad. Sounds painful. Keep her in your prayers, please. I love you all so very much! Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder J. Langston
Monday, 20 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment