Monday, 13 October 2008

Happy Columbus Day

Good morning family and friends, and happy Columbus Day!!

This week has been an interesting week. On Monday, we went to the hospital to visit Moya's sister because her 3 week old baby's heart isn't beating correctly or something like that so we went to visit and it was so crazy. Usually at hospitals they have the people in their own seperate room and all that jazz. Well, this place, all the babies were in a hot room, almost laying shoulder to shoulder in a room that had scary paintings on the wall and cobwebs everywhere. It was like a run down hospital that someone decided tyo open back up but they didn't clean anything before they started stackin the babies in. We were going to give a blessing but it was too crazy and a million people, well not really a million, but a lot of people were in there with their crying babies. I gave Moya's sister some socks, the ones that you sent a while ago, and then we left. I heard that the baby is out now and is doing better.

We also went to the Thulo's house for FHE that night. Usually when we go we take some candles or flashlight or something because their house is dark because for some reason the lights don't work, only the outlets. So we bought some lamps to take there, some real cheap ones that put off enough light to light their house and they loved it so much!! I told them that it was a holiday that we celbrate in America called "Present giving day" and they liked that holiday. It was nice to see how grateful they were for just a little bit of light that we took to their house.

We were tracting one day and found this guy who let us come in instantly. We sat down and started talking. Turns out, he has a Book of Mormon but doesn't really understand it and was looking for the people who use it so they can explain to him what it means. It's so cool being a part of someones answer to their prayers! He was really excited that he found us and we are starting to teach him now. His name is Richard and I'll let you know how things go with him.

We did some service in the other guys area at a members house and being there made me want to adopt a little black girl even more. There was this little girl, cute as ever, and she was so funny! She would play with us and tell jokes in her language and she was just awesome! The best part was that when her mom or older sister told her to go do something or to get something, she'd do it. I wanna git me one a those.

We got another girl on baptism date for December. She's doing well, but we just want to make sure her testimony is strong. Now we have 5 people on date.

Well, my fam, it sure is good hearing from you. I'm glad to hear that the food storage is going great! And that Jacob's hair is short. Ps, those babies are getting huge!! I dont even know them! A lady told me that white people are so much bigger than blacks because the white parents take their kids out in the sun when they are young. I think she's thinking we are like plants or something. Ok, enough of my random stories. I'm going to end this. Thanks again for all your prayers! I'm feeling them! I got to go to the temple on Friday and it was so nice! I didn't even sleep! BOO WOO! I sure do love you all! Take care and CTR!
Sharp!

Love,
Elder J. Langston

No comments: