Dear Family and Friends,
Conference was totally awesome!! In the words of my sister and fellow teammate in the gospel, "oh my holy yum-yums!" It was so delicious to receive living scripture from prophets and apostles. I enjoyed every minute of it and yes, I was able to stay awake for it all! We didn't get to watch the Sunday afternoon because it didn't start till 10p.m. and the Saturday afternoon was all choppy for us because the satelite was weird. Moya didn't go to the women's broadcast so I didn't get to hear how it was from her. I told her to take notes for me because you said it was good but her sisters baby is in the hospital so she was there all day. She did come to the Sat. afternoon and Sun. morning session and she brought goodies and sat with us and ate them! It was nice! Afterwards we were chatting and she told me she wants to come visit the family in America because she loves you, Mom. I gave her my Gladys Knight cd and told her it was from you and she called me up that night to verbally tell me how much she loves it. So she's starting to make plans to come visit after I get home some time, so I hope thats cool with everyone.
Conference was totally awesome!! In the words of my sister and fellow teammate in the gospel, "oh my holy yum-yums!" It was so delicious to receive living scripture from prophets and apostles. I enjoyed every minute of it and yes, I was able to stay awake for it all! We didn't get to watch the Sunday afternoon because it didn't start till 10p.m. and the Saturday afternoon was all choppy for us because the satelite was weird. Moya didn't go to the women's broadcast so I didn't get to hear how it was from her. I told her to take notes for me because you said it was good but her sisters baby is in the hospital so she was there all day. She did come to the Sat. afternoon and Sun. morning session and she brought goodies and sat with us and ate them! It was nice! Afterwards we were chatting and she told me she wants to come visit the family in America because she loves you, Mom. I gave her my Gladys Knight cd and told her it was from you and she called me up that night to verbally tell me how much she loves it. So she's starting to make plans to come visit after I get home some time, so I hope thats cool with everyone.
We did some tracting this week and found a family with two girls. As we were teaching them, both Teerlink and I felt the Spirit so strong and I'm sure the family did too. The girls were totally zoned in as we were discussing the Apostasy and Restoration. They understood everything and even asked some questions. We left that house feeling like we were on top of the world. We had an appointment to see them Friday but the girl called to let us know she wouldn't be there, which was cool because most people wait till we get there to find out that they wont be there, but we are seeing them tomorrow and I'm sure it'll be awesome possum!
Well, I'm sure glad that you got the package safely! Was the spidey suit still there? Does Jacob wear it all over the place? The pictures of the kids that you put up were some kids in Thaba Nchu that I got to say "I love you" with their hands. The girls were our neighbors and they'd always come over to our flat asking for sweets and debekos. I'm glad that you both (Camille and Mom) enjoy the skirts. They were made by Sister Mohokare in Thaba Nchu and all I had to do was buy the fabric which was about R200 each, or $30. She's the same lady who made the spidey suit for me. She's way cool! Oh yeah, she's the same lady who made the birthday cake for me!! She made good food for us too! If you wanna write her a letter and send pics of you wearing the skirts, I'll send them to her and I'm sure she'll love that! Moya said she has a letter that she's going to send to you and I still have a package for Mom and Dad. Oh yeah, I thought of you, Dad, when President Monson talked about "Music Man" and our good friend Professor Harold Hill.
Thank you for your email, Camille! I really do enjoy getting encouraging letters from my loving family! I'm sorry that I'm such a slacker as well because I dont even think I've sent you something, like a letter just to you. I hope the skirt with the ladies smoking makes up for it. I sure do love you Camille! I love you too Candice and Jill and Jeanette! When they spoke about giving respect to girls in Priesthood session, they said to tell family members that you love them. So, I'm just letting you all know I love you! And I didn't' forget you Rachael and Nicole! I sure do appreciate having you in the family and taking care of my brothers. I love you all so much and I grow to love you even more as I learn about the gospel and have an eternal perspective on things because I get to be with you all forever! I love you Mom and Dad! Take care and CTR!
Love your African boy,
Elder Jordan Langston
Well, I'm sure glad that you got the package safely! Was the spidey suit still there? Does Jacob wear it all over the place? The pictures of the kids that you put up were some kids in Thaba Nchu that I got to say "I love you" with their hands. The girls were our neighbors and they'd always come over to our flat asking for sweets and debekos. I'm glad that you both (Camille and Mom) enjoy the skirts. They were made by Sister Mohokare in Thaba Nchu and all I had to do was buy the fabric which was about R200 each, or $30. She's the same lady who made the spidey suit for me. She's way cool! Oh yeah, she's the same lady who made the birthday cake for me!! She made good food for us too! If you wanna write her a letter and send pics of you wearing the skirts, I'll send them to her and I'm sure she'll love that! Moya said she has a letter that she's going to send to you and I still have a package for Mom and Dad. Oh yeah, I thought of you, Dad, when President Monson talked about "Music Man" and our good friend Professor Harold Hill.
Thank you for your email, Camille! I really do enjoy getting encouraging letters from my loving family! I'm sorry that I'm such a slacker as well because I dont even think I've sent you something, like a letter just to you. I hope the skirt with the ladies smoking makes up for it. I sure do love you Camille! I love you too Candice and Jill and Jeanette! When they spoke about giving respect to girls in Priesthood session, they said to tell family members that you love them. So, I'm just letting you all know I love you! And I didn't' forget you Rachael and Nicole! I sure do appreciate having you in the family and taking care of my brothers. I love you all so much and I grow to love you even more as I learn about the gospel and have an eternal perspective on things because I get to be with you all forever! I love you Mom and Dad! Take care and CTR!
Love your African boy,
Elder Jordan Langston

1 comment:
"oh my holy yum-yums!" ROFL That is great! I can just feel his enthusiasm and it HAS to be contagious! I know Elder Langston (and Sister Langston for that matter) gets his zest for life from his mother as well as other family members. Way to go!
Post a Comment