Greetings to you on this wonderful cloudy day in December! I'm glad to hear that your thanksgiving was a success and everyone had a good time. My thanksgiving wasn't too bad, and it wasn't too good. Funny story though, I was told by Tyler Smith that Thanksgiving was on the 20th and so on the 20th we had a nice dinner with some rich people and we told them it was Thanksgiving today. They we excited and I told lots of stories about Thanksgiving and what happens the day after. The following Sunday some of the temple missionaries from the states spoke and mentioned that Thanksgiving was coming on the next Thursday. Boy, did I feel stupid. We just had a regular meal at our flat on Thanksgiving night, but we did put up tinsle and lights in our flat after re-arranging it.
We really dont' have anyone that we are constantly teaching because here people have jobs where they can't get time off too often. We got one girl on date for baptism but I haven't even seen her the whole time I've been here. We met with bishop yesterday after church and we are working on reactivation and one area in particular called Windsor. That is where a lot of the black people live and he says he knows there will be a branch there in about a year. We are starting to look for rec centers that we can rent out and do a "cottage meeting" there and just have everyone come whoever wants to. There are always people walking around there and so if we put up signs for a movie about Jesus or something, people will come and we'll be able to start teaching more people that way. I hate tracting so I try to do other stuff that is more useful than just nonsense tracting on doors where people dont even come out to the gate to talk to us. I hope these ideas I got will work! I'll have to let you know how they go.
Our area is probably about the size of half of Spanish Fork? I dont know. Its really big and spread out. We are in a car and ....yeah. I dont know what else to tell you about the area. The ward we are in is really small and a chunk of the members are temple misisonaries that live in our area. There are only two of us that actually work the area though. We are getting along ok, Barnhurst and I. Oh yeah, he's from Fillmore Utah.
We really dont' have anyone that we are constantly teaching because here people have jobs where they can't get time off too often. We got one girl on date for baptism but I haven't even seen her the whole time I've been here. We met with bishop yesterday after church and we are working on reactivation and one area in particular called Windsor. That is where a lot of the black people live and he says he knows there will be a branch there in about a year. We are starting to look for rec centers that we can rent out and do a "cottage meeting" there and just have everyone come whoever wants to. There are always people walking around there and so if we put up signs for a movie about Jesus or something, people will come and we'll be able to start teaching more people that way. I hate tracting so I try to do other stuff that is more useful than just nonsense tracting on doors where people dont even come out to the gate to talk to us. I hope these ideas I got will work! I'll have to let you know how they go.
Our area is probably about the size of half of Spanish Fork? I dont know. Its really big and spread out. We are in a car and ....yeah. I dont know what else to tell you about the area. The ward we are in is really small and a chunk of the members are temple misisonaries that live in our area. There are only two of us that actually work the area though. We are getting along ok, Barnhurst and I. Oh yeah, he's from Fillmore Utah.
This just in, a midget, black I might add, just walked in the email shop. I waved to him. I have made a lot of friends with the members here. I even met some members in Pretoria and they invited me and my zone leader over for New Years and they said they'll spoil me since I helped them move into their enormous house. Now I've got plans for Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Years. I'm excited for that!
Here are some goods for you to view and enjoy. That was my ward missionary companion, Alfred, at the bird park. Listen to what the white bird said to me. This bird was saying it to everyone as it just walked around freely. Sorry I dont have any recent ones of me. I dotn really like asking people to take pictures of me. I'll try to get some random ones of me and send them next week.
Thank you so much for all that you do for me! I love mission so much and I feel the blessings as I do whats right out here! With the school stuff, I managed to register for UVU and I got accepted and I put my major as Construction Management. One day I'll sign up for my classes so I'll be ready when I come home. President says he'll hook it up where I can use Skype on his computer to talk to an advisor and make sure they still have my info for military aide so we dont' have to go through all the paper work again so I can just get home and go right to school instead of coming home early. I love you all so much! I hope all is going well for you all. I'm happy to hear that Dad got the job in Orem! Good job Dad. Oh yeah, I spoke in Ssacrament meeting yesterday for five minutes on Jesus Christ. It was a choppy talk but I told everyone that I dont sing so they wont ask me anymore. Everyone, of course, came up to me after and said, you really do need to sing. You have a wonderful voice. It was great! Well, we're outta here! Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Jordan Langston
Here are some goods for you to view and enjoy. That was my ward missionary companion, Alfred, at the bird park. Listen to what the white bird said to me. This bird was saying it to everyone as it just walked around freely. Sorry I dont have any recent ones of me. I dotn really like asking people to take pictures of me. I'll try to get some random ones of me and send them next week.
Thank you so much for all that you do for me! I love mission so much and I feel the blessings as I do whats right out here! With the school stuff, I managed to register for UVU and I got accepted and I put my major as Construction Management. One day I'll sign up for my classes so I'll be ready when I come home. President says he'll hook it up where I can use Skype on his computer to talk to an advisor and make sure they still have my info for military aide so we dont' have to go through all the paper work again so I can just get home and go right to school instead of coming home early. I love you all so much! I hope all is going well for you all. I'm happy to hear that Dad got the job in Orem! Good job Dad. Oh yeah, I spoke in Ssacrament meeting yesterday for five minutes on Jesus Christ. It was a choppy talk but I told everyone that I dont sing so they wont ask me anymore. Everyone, of course, came up to me after and said, you really do need to sing. You have a wonderful voice. It was great! Well, we're outta here! Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Jordan Langston






No comments:
Post a Comment