Monday, 22 December 2008

christmas time again

Dear Family and Friends,

Gold Reef is going good. We had a ward Christmas party and that was good stuff. We did different activities where the different....uh...groups got together, like the Elders Quorum and the YM/YW and so on, and had to do a different skit. They got all the ideas from "Who's Line is it Anyway" and it was fun. They had baking where the person couldn't use their own arms and that was funny stuff. Elders Quorum did the party one where people are acting different and the host has to guess who we are. I was a wise man that couldn't find the star. The Bishoprics was the best. They did the one where one person had to be standing, one sitting, and the other one laying down. I'll try to send the video of it and I hope it works. It's quite funny stuff. The guy in the white shirt is Bishop Pineaar. There were a lot of less actives that came and it was really fun. Santa came and gave the children presents. Angel and Brighton were there. They are the ones in the photo, the only black kids there.






We did the movie but no one showed up. The picture of the empty hall is attached.




I still haven't gotten any packages yet, but maybe its there today. We are going to check it soon. I'm excited to see what Grandma and Grandpa Travis got me. They are such great grandparents. Ha- they are great grandparents. Ba dun cha! I think I've gotten funnier over the period of time being here in South Africa, or maybe I'm just more easily amused. You can be the judge of that on Christmas day! I aslo got a story about the watch Andy B. gave to me. It's a sad story with a great ending! Remind me on Christmas. I'm sure he's dying to know how his Swiss Military watch is doing.

I love you all so much! I can't wait to talk to you on Christmas! Enjoy the snow and stay safe! Take care and CTR!

Love,
Elder Jordan Langston









No comments: