Dear Family and Friends!!
Good morning from South Africa, on this beautiful, hot summer morn! It sure is starting to heat up a bit and its making me have to change my white shirt every day instead of being able to pull off a few days with one shirt. Shame. Other than that, things are going great here! I got Elder Barnhurst back and he's doing ok. He still walks with a limp but thats about it. He doesn't use crutches or anything but we have to limit our tracting time so he doesn't get in too much pain and ruin the knee again.
Something great that is happening here that hasn't happend all my mission is that we are getting fed every day from the members!! I've made some great friends with the members and already we are getting a few referrals. Some of the members, since they have more money, have domestic workers that live with them and they'll bring them to church. One lady that came yesterday, Thandi, loved church but wants us to wait before we come to teach her stuff. She really seemed to enjoy church, though!
Say that reminds me, has anyone seen my friends who have come home from mission yet? And if possible, will you find their email addresses so I can write them? People like Brad Clark and Bryce Christensen. Thanks again!
There aren't a whole lot of investigators here so we do some tracting and trying to re-activate some of the less actives. The members here always offer us juice or food of some sort as we go visit them. I love it! I do miss the black people though and try to keep in contact the best that I can with some of my black brothers and sisters in previous areas. It is weird talking to white people too. They're hard to tract into. Yesterday we got told to "#*&#-OFF in a very angry way. I get so frustrated because these people don't understand what they are missing out on. I just wish they would listen for just a second and understand what it is that we have for them instead of telling us to leave once they hear "Jesus Christ."
Well, thanks again for everything. Yes, I did get my patriarchal blessing and I've used some of the stuff from the envelope in District Meeting. Thank you so much for all of that Dad! Its nice stuff! I love you all so much and thanks a bunch for getting those tickets for Eric. He appreciates it so much! He even fed us last night, so thanks a million! I wish the very best for all of you and I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving! Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Jordy Boy Langston
Monday, 24 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment