Monday, 10 August 2009

THE END!




Hello Family and Friends,

This is the last email that I will be sending from South Africa. I really dont like this feeling. I'm so stressed and in result, my face is breaking out. Yesterday was my last day going to Orange Farm and Sister Ellen, the big mama, cried her eyes out and it was not fun for me. I really am going to miss all these wonderful people. Ellen was talking about when she first met me and the thoughts she had. It's nice hearing what kind of first impression I made on people. She said that she didn't even see me as a missionary, but her very own son. I dont know if that's a good thing or not. I got a picture of the Orange Farm unit that will soon be a branch!

Mpho and Wandile got baptized yesterday. It was stressful at first, like always, but afterwards it was so nice! Mpho was so happy! She's the pregnant one and she said she's going to name her child Jordan. She doesn't know if its a boy or a girl but with an awesome name like that, she can't go wrong either way. She said that she is now the new Mpho and the devil cannot shake her now. We stopped by in the evening to see her as we were passing by and she was so happy. She said she'd been smiling all day! She gave us some good food too. I've decided that I probably wont eat this food ever again so I'm eating everything and trying to enjoy it. Mpho fed us some mala mogodu the other day. Thats what they call cow stomach and intestines. It was not too nice. Potter about threw up everywhere when he first put the piece in his mouth. It was funny.

We had misison tour on Tuesday and it was rough. I had to bare my testimony there and it was a struggle to keep the eyes dry. We closed by singing the mission song and I lost it. I couldn't fight the tears anymore so I just let it go. I'm really going to miss being able to do good stuff everyday. I wish I could've enjoyed it more sooner on mission instead of hating everyone and everything. We'll be able to talk more about it when I get home because I dont think I'll be able to sleep when I first get home on Friday night so I'll stay up telling stories. Do we have time? Ok, sho. I can't really think of anything else to say. Oh yeah, we are having a party today and I get to help purchase food for a party that was planned for me by someone else. I love how they do it here. This will most likely be the last time I use the AmEx here in Africa. I've got my bags pretty much packed and I'm leaving a lot of clothes behind for the branch and other missionaries who dont live near Seagull Book.

I sure do love you all and can't wait to see you! In the words of Ozzy, "Mama, I'm coming home."

Love,
Your African boy,
Elder Jordan T. Langston

I think you already know, but just to be safe, the plane lands Friday night around 9:30. See you then!! Oh yeah, if you can organize Pres Graham to be around sometime soon after I get home, like the next morning, that'd be dynamite! Take care and CTR!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Connie, you won the Staples giveaway on my blog. Please e-mail me your mailing address asap to:
tryingtostaycalm@gmail.com

animal print gal said...

Great post, thank you!