Hello family,
So I guess I didn't get an email from you. That's ok. I'll still send something to you.This week was a good week. We did some tracting and also some pointing of bad guys. We went to the prison to point out who it was that hijacked us. That was the most craziest thing ever. You know how in movies they show this happening and the good guys are behind a one way glass and the bad guys are on a line with numbers and the good people say who it was and what not. Well, ours was nothing like that. We were in a waiting room, the 3 of us(Wandile and Morris and me) and then some indian guy called us to another room. Before we entered through the big metal door, he made us turn around. Oh yeah, we go in one at a time too and I was first. So I turned around and walked backwards into a room that I had never seen before and I just stared at the wall as the indian introduced himself and stated the case that Im' there for. After his shpeel I turned around and I was in the same room with 15 or more criminals, not hand cuffed or anything. I was to pick out the bad guy while all these black people were staring at me. I don't remember what the hijackers looked like but I wanted to point out a few of these guys on the line just because of the look they were giving me. I told the indian I can't remember what they looked like so I left and Wandile went in. He pointed someone out and he had to touch the guy on his shoulder and pull him out of the line and get a picture taken with him and the bad guy. It was crazy. On Tuesday we are going to the house where the guy blew his brains out to get the rest of our stolen goods that aren't covered in HIV+ blood.
I also got the call that I"m leaving Tsakane on Wednesday. I'm going to my last area in Sebokeng which istn' too far from Katlehong and in fact, its in the same stake. I hope we have stake conference sometime soon. I'm glad to be leaving for only one reason, tsotsi's. That is the word for bad guys. Friday morning, the people we stay with got their house broken in to and they think that we are next so they told us to always lock the gate when we leave and all that jazz. I'm sick of gettin things stolen from me.
The investigators are doing great. The Zweni family came to church yesterday, the whole family! While Sasa was going down the stairs of the school to go to Sunday School, she fell on the last step while holding her baby. She protected the baby and the baby didn't even cry or nothing. Sasa's knees were hurtin her pretty bad though. I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting and it was nice. I got the whole congregation laughing. I was talking about missionary work and going the extra mile(Matt. 5:41) and the blessings that come with it. I also taught Sunday School and almost the combined class the third hour.
Well, I can't think of anything else. I haven't gotten the package yet but hope to get it soon cuz I'm fresh out of money and I'm eating almost nothing now days. By the grace of God I'm able to get enough to get by though. Whether it be by members feeding us or Morris being a nice guy and cooking too much. It's great to see the blessings come from doing what needs to be done. I love you all. I still dont know when I"m coming home but I think in a couple of weeks, I'll have my flight plans and I'll fill ya in! Take care everyone and I hope y'all are doing well. CTR!
Love,
Elder Langston
Monday, 01 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment