Sanibonani Family and Friends!
Things are going well here in South Africa. The weather is starting to get chilli in the morning and evenings and still hot during the day! I finally got a car so I dont' have to ride the bikes all the time, which is a good thing because when I'd be riding and my knees were feeling ok, I'd see a jump that would tempt me. Being the sucker that I am, I swerve to hit the jump and fly like ET on my bike. When I land, I regret the whole thing, but hearing the cheers of the black kids around me and seeing the little girls giving me some attention makes up for all the pain. Then when I sleep that night, I hurt again.
Remember how I said that we had 9 set for baptism this week? Well, only 2 are getting baptized now. One guy, Agent, is still smoking. Portia doesn't know if she has a testimony or not. So Rita and Siphiwe are getting baptized on the 19th. Siphiwe's mom is a member and she loves me so she said she's going to throw a huge party for me on the 20th of this month for my birthday! I"m so excited!
Easter season around here is crazy! Everyone is drunk from Thursday till Monday, because today is "family day" in South Africa. We went with our investigator, Portia, to her old church on Saturday. They fed us and sang good songs, everything else about the thing was so false. There were people speaking in tounges, the pastor telling everyone to "take" blessings from God, and all they did in their preaching was talk smack on other churches. I didn't hear one thing about Jesus Christ. I can't wait to see her this week so we can talk about it.
The rest of this week has been ok. Nothing too exciting, again. The service on Sunday was a good one. Nice talks about the Atonement and things. Last night we went on splits to do some home teaching with recently ordained Melche.... Priesthood holders. It was nice. I hadn't been home teaching in so long and it was weird being with someone who wasn't a missionary. We saw this way rich family and we played UNO when we were done with the lesson. We are going to the family's house to play tennis right after emailing.
I'm sorry I dont have any pictures. I dont take any anymore. I need to start taking some of the townships and stuff because it wont be long till I dont get to see it anymore. Well, Sorry this isn't much, but I think it'll do. That'll do pig. That'll do. Oh yeah, did I tell you we got more dogs? And one reminds me of Beuford? (sp.?) Ok, family, I'm gonna go now.
We at a ghetto email shop and the computer is no bueno. I love you all so very much and wish you all happy days! My knees are doing good. My relationships are doing good with everyone. And my faith is strengthening as I do what's right. Take care and CTR!
Love,
El. Jordan Langston
AKA Johnny King(Nkosi)
Tuesday, 14 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment