Hello Family and Friends,
I'm not going to try to attatch any photos this time because I'm afraid of what might happen. I'll just write a nice short letter.
First off, I got word that the package of contacts is here but I haven't gotten them yet. We'll be going today to get them after we play a bit of tennis at a members house. I'm not going to be playing but I'll sure watch.
Second, I did watch conference and I loved every minute of it. Good news, I only fell asleep for about ten minutes out of all the sessions! I'm getting better. We also got to eat at the senior couples place and we ate some good American Chilli!
So my knees are doing good now. Well, they are doing okay. Things are going okay with me and Morris. I got my "trunky call" the other day and I'll be getting home on the 28th of August as of now. I kinda want to see if I can come home just a week earlier so school doesn't just crash on me especially if I have no money to get to and from school. I think Pres. will let me register for class while I'm here. I'll try it and if I can't, then I'll let you know. He's pretty cool about the whole school thing. He told me to start school as soon as I can and not wait.
We got some new dogs at the flat. Two new basset hounds that are huge! They aren't ours, but the owners of the place where we stay. They run in our flat any time the door is left open for even a second. They are kinda fun though.
The work is going well. We are trying new finding approaches and getting the members more involved. I have a feeling that I will be leaving this area on the 22nd but I dont know for sure. The baptism of Shimmy went well and we have another baptism coming up on the 19th. There are nine on date for that, but I dont think they will all make it. Pres. is telling us all to put people on date early, but I just seemed to get disappointed when the people bail on their date. But I still think its good for them to have a goal and know what we are there for.
I can't really think of anything else to say. Thanks for everything. I've got some good suveniers..(I can't spell) that I'll be coming home with and I think I'll get some more for everyone to enjoy. Yes, its getting cold here. No, I haven't been to the dentist. I haven't worn my retainers for a while, but the teeth still look good. ;) No, we haven't moved to the township.
We've met a few crazy people and we even had a guy try to steal our bikes while we were in the car and they were locked to the rack. I had to get out and re-tighten them on the rack and as I was, he just kept doing some weird chant and dance right in front of me. The other guys wanted him to try something so I'd get to punch him, but he didn't.
I sure love you all. Tell Grandma and Grandpa Langston that I got their letter and I'm working on sending them one back. If you could just get me their address, because I've got three different ones for them and I want the real one.
Take care, dear family, and CTR!
Love,
Elder J. Langston
Monday, 06 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment