Monday, 16 March 2009

Yebo, Yebo, Yebo!

Hello Family and friends,
How is everyone doing this fine Monday morning? I'm doing ok. I'm still hanging in there. Just some news about the knee. I saw the mission doctor who was expecting to just give me some pain killers and maybe a shot to make me feel better but after looking at it and hearing where I pain, just a little, he is making me go to the orthopedic surgeon to have some x-rays taken and all that. I'm going on Thursday and I'll find out if I need surgery or not. The mission doctor was thinking that surgery might be the thing to do. If I do need surgery there is a good chance they'll just send me home to get it done, which to be honest, I'd rather have done. My last knee surgery went ok, but I wasn't able to take the proper time to exercise it and get it back to normal. My knee still bothers me sometimes and I dont want to have two messed up knees my whole life. I still got a long way to live and if I have two bad knees that keep me from doing things that I like to do, I'll go crazy. But I'll let you know what happens.

This week was an ok week. Burnett left on Wednesday and I got Elder Morris. He's a cool guy. He also repeats everything I say when we are teaching a lesson and sometimes teaches false doctrine. Other than that, he's a cool guy. He enjoys going to the gym in the morning, which is good. This morning I benched 150 lbs. That's pretty good for not lifting since 9th grade. He's funny at times too. He's got the African humor, where he's only funny because he talks funny.

Yesterday was suppose to be two baptism interviews for our people, but neither of them were home. We are going to try to see one of them tonight, Shimmy, so he can get baptised soon. We've been postponing him for a while, but he's ready now. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll tell you the names of everyone on baptism date and their gender: Shimmy(M), Agent Meshach(M), Rita(F), Cindy(F), Portia(F), Magdeline(F), Jabulile(F), Khabo(F), Siphiwe(M). So almost everyone but the first two are scheduled for April 19th.We did a bit of tracting and found some more guys that are in their twenties to teach. In fact, one of them has had missionaries there before but he said he never bothered to pray to find out if its true. I explained to him what it means if it is true and how important it is. I gave him the challenge again to pray and read and he said he would. As we were leaving, his mom gave us some corn on the cob and we ate it as we walked. It was neat.
We had stake conference yesterday as well. They had it at the civic center because there was too many people to hold it in the chapel. Pres. and Sister Poulson spoke as well as Elder and Sister Young, from the seventy. They talked about member missionary work and family unity mainly. It was nice stuff. Sis. Poulson told a funny story that I'll tell you. In a kindergarten class the kids were drawing pictures. As the teacher walked around to observe the demented pictures that were being sketched with crayons, she came upon a young girl drawing a picture which the teacher found unique. She asked the girl, "what are you drawing?" The girl replied, "I'm drawing a picture of God." The teacher was then befuddled and told the girl, "you're nuts! You can't be drawing God! No one knows what God looks like." Keeping her crayon on the paper and focusing only on her drawing, she replied, "they will in a minute." She then used that as being missionaries. We know something that the world doesn't and so we need to share it with everyone. I added a bit in that story to make it more interesting, just to let you know.

So, the answer to your question is yes, I do live with another companionship. Elder Teare from N.Z. and Elder Hanson from somewhere in Utah. I think its Sandy or something, I would ask him but I dont want him to know that I'm writing about him. I got some shirts for some people already. Did you get sizes for everyone else? I think I'll just make some shirts that say South Africa on them. We've been having some sweet ideas but they'd only be funny here and only to people who don't like the government people.

Thanks for those pictures.
Well, I sure hope I dont lose this email. I'd be so angry if I did. i'm going to stop writing just in case I do lose it. If I write more witty things that are golden and I lose it, ah man, I'd be so upset! Thanks for everything you do for me! I hope Grandma had a great birthday and so did Cyrus. Happy birthday to Corban and Dave this week! Enjoy your special day! I love you all! I'll let you know what happens with the whole knee thing.
Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Jordy Boy

No comments: