Hello family and friends,
Greetings from myldsmail! It sure is weird using this because the setup is different. I guess I can handle it for 6 more months.
This week was ok. Something not so fun happened. Phumela said that her parents sat her down and talked to her about baptism and asked why she needs to be baptized in this church if she's already been baptized. They don't want her to be baptized anymore but said she can still come to church and seminary. Phumela said she went in her room and cried. We taught her about the restoration of the priesthood and she understands now why she needs to be baptized in this church and said she'll talk to her dad again.
I got over my stomach sickness but now I think I'm getting the flu. Yesterday we had to ride the bikes through the rain and it had already rained a whole lot so we were riding through a river while it was pouring hard and it was getting late at night. We got to our last appointment and we were soaked! I now have the sniffles, but I'll be ok.
We are still teaching a lot of people and keeping busy. The weeks are going by too fast for me! I am sure enjoying mission now and I think its because I am striving to be more obedient. We also got to go to the temple on Friday and it was so nice. It has sparked so many more questions, going through the endowment again. The questions just force me to jump in to the scriptures and search for them, so I do it.
I hope that Camille can find a good vehicle now that her van is gone. Did she move into her new house yet? Are the house prices still really low? How bad is the economy there? Its hard not knowing what's going on with the world around me and only hearing bits and pieces from the people here.
I got your package, so thanks one million! I shared some of the candy with people we are teaching. Here is a picture of me in our flat with our dog. It's not really ours but it comes up to our flat every night and just hangs out for a bit. This is the shirt that Grandma and Grandpa gave me so if you could send them the picture too that'd be great! I sure love you all! Thanks for doing so much for me!
Take care and CTR!
Love,Elder J. Langston

No comments:
Post a Comment