Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Gold Reef

Thank you for your love, Mom and Dad.
This week has been an interesting one. I was put with a ward missionary because I wanted to get working in my own area, so I left Jozi Central and have been in Gold Reef. There isn't a lot of people to teach, just tracting, so we are doing better things. I've been chatting with the bishop and him and I are friends now and he's excited for the things that I have in mind. I told him that we should teach a Missionary Prep class but he said to just go to less active youth and teach them at their house. They have about 30 less active youth, YSA, and he's excited to get them coming back to church. We are also going to try to get activities set up for them so they will want to come back to church. Its a pretty small ward here. Only about 100 at church, but it'll get bigger! I'm excited to get to work with my real companion so I can start getting things done. Its hard being with a guy who doesn't know the area because we are living with a map and the area book. Thats all we gots.

The bird thing was fun! We went to Monte Casino and they got a bird park ther with parrots roaming free and little cage things that we can go in to touch the birds. I caught one and put it on Alfred's shoulder, my companion, and he was a little nervous. There was one bird that would walk around and say "hello". I hope the video works so you can hear it. I got so sun burnt there because the lady who took us wanted us to sit in the sun at the bird show because she thought a raptor was going to fly to the post we were near. Guess what, it never came. She was bummed when it was over, and so was I. They then took us to some cafe and bought us a burger and then as we were leaving, I spotted a USA store that sold Root Beer, so, of course, I bought one and drank it. I liked it...A LOT!!

Well, I sure love you all and am grateful for your prayers and love that is coming my way. Thanks for everything! Take care, and CTR!

Love,
Elder Jordan Langston

No comments: