Monday, 10 November 2008



Dear Family and Friends!!!

Greetings to you all from the heart of Johannesburg. Thats right, I'm in Jozi Central for at least another week because the guy I was suppose to go to just had knee surgery, the same as me, and he's hanging out with the president and so I'm in a threesome with some Elders in Jozi central. I'm in a car and will be in a car in Gold Reef as well. In Jozi, we don't really tract because its just a bunch of apartments and so we work with referrals, which come in abundance.

Well, church was nice. It was a historical stake conference because we had a live broadcast that was for all the African stakes and it was by Elder Holland, Pres. Uchtdorf, Bro. Merril and Bro Pace. It was pretty cool! They said for everyone to get a temple recommend and to be worthy for it because there will be more temples here soon. That was cool. Pres. Uchtdorf came up with a new meaning for CTR. He said it means Current Temple Recommend. That was fun.

Well, not much has really happend this week, just transfers, Jozi central, teaching people that are black. Oh yeah, I did get to go to my area to teach one guy that they had previously tracted in to and he's a nice white guy. He's got a nice house too! Its got a pool and everything!

For Christmas, I don't really need much. I would like to have another CD and some pictures to enjoy for sure. Lots of pictures to keep me busy because I have to stay in the flat for Christmas. We can't even go to members houses to eat and do all that good stuff! So yeah, that stuff and maybe some food. I'll try to find out how and when we can call home for Christmas. Oh yeah, I'm in a rich area that has a reputation of giving things to the elders on Christmas. One misssionary even got an i-pod nano. I'm in for a treat.

I sent a package and the picture of the guy and me is the guy that sent the goods in that package. The other picture is me burning the tie that Ali gave me.

Well, I sure do love you all and I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. I hope the Thanksgiving goes well for you, Mom. I'm glad to hear the shed is going well. I wish you all the best and happy Thanksgiving. When is it? Take care and CTR!

Love
Elder Jordan Langston

No comments: