Hello Family!
The week has gone well. Elder Smith has said his goodbyes A lot of people were sad that he was leaving. Transfers were on Wednesday and Elder Teerlink and Elder McDonald came to our flat. Teerlink is from Mesquite and McDonald is from California some where. They are cool guys! Teerlink is a cowboy, kinda, and my accent is starting to come back.
We saw Moya and challenged her to pick a baptism date. Teerlink also said to make a list of things she needs to change to become baptized and she said she's already made a list and she's been doing good with the things she needs to change. She's so cool! She really seems a lot happier since the first time we met her. She also came up to us at the end of church to show us a scripture. It's in Alma 34 about not procrastinating the day of your repentance and she told us she's picked a day to be baptized. She said the first weeks in October! We are going to see her tomorrow to make a certain day and put it down to work towards.
So, yeah...District Leader. I have no idea what I'm doing. The other day, I had to do my first interviews for baptism. I was so nervous but when it was time to sit down with the candidates, I felt so calm and things seemed to just come out so smoothly! It's wonderful how the Spirit works! I interviewed three people! It was exciting! Also, the other guys like to make me do everything since i am the new DL and so yesterday we went to a funeral thingy with a member in the ward to a lady that I didn't even know exsisted and I had to share a scripture and the member only brought he BOM so I did one out of there and talked about it to this family from a different church. I got my scriptures covered and that is whats in the picture. I'm not going to use these until I get home. Oh yeah, Moya's boyfriend makes things out of fabric and he's going to make me a scripture bag out of some cool african fabric for my new scriptures.
Well, that's about all from me. Thanks for keeping me informed on whats going on at home. I have to go to a meeting tomorrow morning so I'll be able to check on the package! I hope I got it! I love you all so much and thankful for all your blessings you send my way. Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Jordy
Elder Baird said this before he left to go home. "When God created the Earth, He called it good. When He talks about the Restoration, He calls it a 'Marvelous Work and a Wonder'. We need to declare the good news as God does."
I'm thankful that Jeanette and I get to do that!
The week has gone well. Elder Smith has said his goodbyes A lot of people were sad that he was leaving. Transfers were on Wednesday and Elder Teerlink and Elder McDonald came to our flat. Teerlink is from Mesquite and McDonald is from California some where. They are cool guys! Teerlink is a cowboy, kinda, and my accent is starting to come back.
We saw Moya and challenged her to pick a baptism date. Teerlink also said to make a list of things she needs to change to become baptized and she said she's already made a list and she's been doing good with the things she needs to change. She's so cool! She really seems a lot happier since the first time we met her. She also came up to us at the end of church to show us a scripture. It's in Alma 34 about not procrastinating the day of your repentance and she told us she's picked a day to be baptized. She said the first weeks in October! We are going to see her tomorrow to make a certain day and put it down to work towards.
So, yeah...District Leader. I have no idea what I'm doing. The other day, I had to do my first interviews for baptism. I was so nervous but when it was time to sit down with the candidates, I felt so calm and things seemed to just come out so smoothly! It's wonderful how the Spirit works! I interviewed three people! It was exciting! Also, the other guys like to make me do everything since i am the new DL and so yesterday we went to a funeral thingy with a member in the ward to a lady that I didn't even know exsisted and I had to share a scripture and the member only brought he BOM so I did one out of there and talked about it to this family from a different church. I got my scriptures covered and that is whats in the picture. I'm not going to use these until I get home. Oh yeah, Moya's boyfriend makes things out of fabric and he's going to make me a scripture bag out of some cool african fabric for my new scriptures.
Well, that's about all from me. Thanks for keeping me informed on whats going on at home. I have to go to a meeting tomorrow morning so I'll be able to check on the package! I hope I got it! I love you all so much and thankful for all your blessings you send my way. Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Jordy
Elder Baird said this before he left to go home. "When God created the Earth, He called it good. When He talks about the Restoration, He calls it a 'Marvelous Work and a Wonder'. We need to declare the good news as God does."
I'm thankful that Jeanette and I get to do that!

3 comments:
Hey Jordan! I was just reading some random blogs and I came across yours! Congrats on becoming a DL, it sounds like everything is going reall well for you! Stay in touch, Elder!
Cool scripture cover! He sounds so happy. Being a DL will really give him such a great experience learner how to be a leader. Great! I look forward to Perry getting an opportunity or two like that. He is singing this week at a meeting during a mission tour from a GA. Gulp!
"learning" duh...
Post a Comment