Monday, 08 June 2009

This is Sister J and her daughters, Lerato(sitting) and Sthembile(checkin me out). This was an awesome family and its the only pic that shows up on my card.

Elder Burnett and Elder Langston
Elder Langston and Elder Morris


Hello Family and Friends,
Sebokeng is a decent place so far. I'm still paranoid at night driving around in the township but I'm startin to calm down some. My companion is Elder Thomas Whittle from Blackfoot Idaho. He's a cool guy. I can tell that he'll help me do what's right so that's always good, right? The chapel we meet in is so big! It's beautiful!! But we are only a branch. I bore my testimony because I was invited to do so and after church everyone had to tell me that I have a deep voice. I made some friends already with some of the Mamas and we had two invitations for dinner last night, so we hit them both up! They told us that they want us to come back another night and have FHE with them. I said, "sho." We are going to an FHE tonight with a less active family and I'm going to take the guitar to sing hymns with them. I can tell that they will love it too much! After church, we go to the other end of our area where a handful of members and some investigators meet to have a "cottage meeting" or a meeting to hear talks and take the sacrament. We have 5 on date for the 28th of June so that'll be cool, except one lady is HUGE! She's awesome but I dont know how we'll baptize her. The Lord will give me extra strength to lift her, like Nephi got to break the cords from which he was bound.
I've had some cool dreams the last few nights and I even made sketches for a great idea for when I get home. I'll open up a restaraunt to serve South African food. It'll be a set up like Bamboo Hut or Panda Express and I'll call it "JOZI" or "KHAYA"(that means home in zulu). I'm going to organize for some of my mamas that aren't working or whatever to come to America and work in my restaraunt to make the best food that Utah and the rest of America has never tasted! What do you think? I'm pretty excited about it. Everyone I meet, I've wanted them to come to America so you can meet them and so they can see the states. I could never think of a way for some people to come and this is what I came up with.
I still haven't gotten the exact date for my release but I will see President on the 16th for a Zone Conference and I think he'll tell me then.
I dont think we have to go to court, and Elder Morris is going to go back to the house to get our stuff so I think I'll be getting some more of my stuff back. If I get my camera, I'll just give it to Wandile for his mission or something. I keep trying to think of some cool stuff to bring home for everyone but I can't think. I'll just do a small african thing for each family instead of buying something for everyone, if thats cool. I know everyone wants something african since no one will probaly ever come back here, unless I get married;) but I'll get the families something that'll last.
Thanks for all your prayers and support. I'm going to buy a new white shirt today because my other ones smelled like onion rings after church and it was embarassing. Plus there are nasty stains. I'll try some bleach first, but if not, I'll get one shirt that I can wear on Sunday. I love you all so much! Thanks one million for everything! Take care and CTR!
Love,
E. Langston



No comments: