Hello family and friends,
I sure hope this email works. I wont send any pictures because I'm scared. But I will tell you about the past couple weeks and the frightening experience I got to witness.
First off, the weeks have been fine. I dont' remember much from last week but I remember it was a good one. Elder Whittle, my companion, is working me real good and keeping my mind off trunky things.
On Sunday, we had some random guy come to church and I taught Gospel Principles and Elders Quorum so I got to see him twice and answer his questions. He made a comment in E.Q. that he's never been to a church like this one and he likes how everyone is so kind to him and they can answer his questions. I later found out that other churches wouldn't let him stay because he was epileptic so they'd kick him out sayin he's got a demon in him. We are going to see him this week and he seems somewhat promising. We did some tracting on Saturday and found a lady and taught her. We went back yesterday and her husband and her 12 yr. old son was there. It was great. I love teaching little families like that, especially when they are somewhat interested.
For my lessons on Sunday, I forgot about the G.P. class lesson till Saturday night, and Sunday morning, the Elders Quorum Pres. called me to give the lesson but I didn't have the book so I had to read through his during Sacrament mtg so I could get the jist of what I was suppose to teach. It's amazing to see how the Lord works. Both classes turned out a success and people were feeling good with the lesson. The G.P. lesson was on the Atonement and I did the classic "pushups for donuts" move on my companion. I didn't have donuts though, just buscuits. Everyone loved it and my companion got a good workout.
I'm gonna tell you a story now that probably wont disturb you as much as it has distrubed me the past couple days. Thursday night, we went to see a family to do some finding stuff with them but they were busy doing renovations in their home. While we were there we got a "please call" from some number I didn't know. I called it and it was a guy saying he's from the church and he's there now with a lady who is bleeding from the head. We hurried in to the car and drove over there to find a group of people gathered around a lady being supported to sit up on the ground. She had a rag on her head and it was a deep red color and there was blood all over her jacket and her face had blood drippin down it. The story is that she use to sell veggies on the side of the street for a living, but got pregnant and went on a "maternity leave" but when she came back after giving birth to re-claim her veggie stand, some other ladies had taken over and weren't giving up their post. Keep in mind, these ladies are in their thirties. Anyway, I guess one of the ladies hit the bloody lady(Thuli) and then others joined in to beat her down with bricks and other things. She got away but collapsed from exhaustion in front of the church.
When we got there we offered all we could to help but nothign helped. She was getting really cold and we offered to put her in the car with the heater on till the ambulance comes(we didn't take her because the hospital would've waited even longer to cater to her if we took her). She couldn't move without feeling really bad pain so we just pulled the car to her and blasted the heater out the door on to her while she was covered in some blankets. After an hour and a half of waiting for the ambulance, they finally came and we left. We went to the hospital to see her on Saturday. She was laying in the bed unable to move( I think there are broken ribs) and unable to speak because of a busted jaw. Her head had gashes all over on it and they were stitched up. We found out that she was an old investigator and knows the church. She comes a lot and the Branch Pres. said she pays tithing even. We said a prayer for her when we saw her and she seem to like that. While we were there, I noticed some people walking around the hospital looking for someone. Thuli's daughter leaned in to whisper in my ear and what she said got me so fired up. I was honestly ready to kill someone. She said, "that's one of the ladies that beat up my mom." This lady has the crazy mind to beat an innocent woman down to the ground, almost to death, and then to rock up to her hospital to see how she's doing? I was furious! As she walked closer to Thuli's bed, Thuli caught a glimpse of who it was and she freaked! She was screaming and crying and trying to move but couldn't. Thuli's 12 yr old son started crying because him mom's murderers were there at her bed side. I thought they came to finish her off so I was on edge the whole time. I was honestly ready to punch someone so I left with Elder Robinson and told one of the nurses to keep an eye on them. I learned more about Thuli and that got me thinking about her and feeling more pain for her and her family. She's a single mom and has about 6 kids. If you could keep her in your prayers, that'd be good. Thanks.
There is going to be a baptism this Sunday. A guy named Thato. His whole famliy has been a member for quite some time but he's just now coming around. It's cool stuff. He says he wants me to baptize him too. I'll try to send pics.
I love you all so much! Thanks a bunch for all you'r support while I'm here. I'm trying to do what's right these last few weeks of my misison and I'm feeling my Savior's love as I do. The Church is true! Christ lives and loves me too! The Spirit whispers this to me and tells me it is true. Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Jordan Langston
Monday, 22 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment