Monday, 09 March 2009

Chi-Chi-Chi-Chia

Greetings from South Africa,
Howzit? Thanks for the great emails and pictures. I wasn't able to see them all because these computers are slow and I didn't want to wait too long because my time would run out. I have to go see the doctor for my other knee. Its doing the same thing my right knee was doing at the beginning of my mission so I'm hoping I don't get surgery again. I'll let you know though.

So we got transfer news and Elder Burnett is going to Sandton to be a zone leader and I'm getting a guy from Kenya who's only been out six months.
The movie night was great! We had about 26 people show up(not including missionaries) and about 6 of them were investigators and a few were people that I've never met that members just brought and even brought to church on Sunday. It was a good activity. So good that we are planning to do one every month now. I am getting a few more videos from other missionaries that are church related and we're going to watch them. The senior couples made popcorn for everyone and I even saw some tears at the end of the movie. Towards the end the rains started coming but right when we ended with a prayer the rains stopped. We talked to Rita and Cindy, who probably lived the farthest away, and they said that almost right when they got in their house it started to pour that night. It's pretty cool to see how the Lord watches over us.
We had some members who are friends with Phumla's parents go talk to them and try to help the situation but when they reported back, they made it worse. Now we aren't even allowed to go over there. I just don't get it. If the kids are doing good things, reading scriptures, and being happy in their life, why stop the source of all these good things?
We also found a couple of guys that play in a band in their church and they practice almost every night at the church. We walked in one night and chatted with them. We just told them what we do and stuff and that they are sounding good. They asked if we played, and of course we said yes. Burnett rocked the drums and the guys were in awe. They wanted him to come and give them drum lessons. I tuned the guys bass for him and played a little solo on it. They want us to go back when we get a chance and just jam with them, but we'll see what happens. It sure was fun though.
We have one guy who is on baptism date for April and we've been teaching his sister lately. She's been doing okay. She came to the movie and wasn't feeling too good so we gave her a blessing before she headed home with her brother. She also said she was cold so I gave her a jacket of mine that was in the car and told her she could keep it. On Sunday she said that she's feeling much better and knows it was because of the blessing we gave her. She also told us that she wants to be baptized. That's always nice when the people ask to be baptized instead of us bringing it up. We're seeing her this week and we'll set a date and continue teaching her the truth.
Well, thats about all from this side. I'm getting bigger as we go to the gym every morning and I drink protien shakes and eat healthy. I'll try to let you know what happens at the doctors today. I can't remember if there were any particular questions you asked so I'm sorry if I didn't answer them if there were any. I sure love you all! It'll be no time till I'm home having band practice with the kiddies!
Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder J. "Themba" Langston

No comments: