Monday, 25 August 2008

Monday Morning News

Hey Family!

This week was a good week. The numbers weren't too good because I spent all day Tuesday at meetings for leaders. I got a lot of stuff on my shoulders now but I think I'll live.

We got to see a lot of people and spend some quality time tracting. We also rode the bikes pretty far and Teerlink is teaching me how to jump far. He's good on bikes and finds anything that looks like a jump to jump. Elder Teerlink and I are getting along great! Even Elder McDonald is awesome! We have a great flat!
Moya is awesome! We really have been blessed to be able to teach someone like her. Wanna hear something crazy that I think is illegal or something? Moya was asked to give the opening prayer in sacrament meeting yesterday. Is she allowed to do that? I think I already told you but her baptism date is now the 21 of September. She's totally ready! And tonight we are going to have FHE at the Ramatla's house and we are bringing Moya and her daughter with us. She is so excited for it as well!
A guy in the ward has put together a package for me to send to you, Mom and Dad. I was dying to know what it was so I opened it and read the letter. He's a cool guy! I think you'll like the package! He totally talks me up too! Wooo!

Happy Birthday Jill! Did you do anything fun for the party? Any pinatas? I wanted to make one for my one year mark but I didn't. No, I didn't burn anything either. All I did was make a cake and took it to the warm mission leaders house and ate it with him and his family. That's how I celebrate, but of course there were party hats to be worn so it was a real party.

I hope everyone is doing well! Tomorrow we have Zone Conference and I'll be able to get the package if its here now. I love you all so much! Thank you all for what you do. I really am so lucky to have a great family like you! I see all the families here that are falling apart because of drugs or what what and I really am blessed to have a loving family that gets along so well! Take care and CTR!

Love,
Elder Jordan Langston

"In this world, it is not what we take up but what we give up that makes us rich."

1 comment:

Karen Mello Burton said...

I really like the quote Jordan uses at the end of his letter. I will have to write that one down. It is so obvious that he has learned to appreciate his family. What a blessing!