Monday, 04 August 2008

Children and Elder Langston


Dear Family,
I'm writing a rough draft of my letter so I can remember all I want to say when Monday comes around.

Tuesday was a busy day for us. We busted out 7 lessons and almost everyone we saw was a progressing investigator. We are teaching some awesome people. The Lord has really blessed us in our diligence with some of these people.

We are still teaching Moya and her boyfriend and on Friday we taught about prophets. We watched "Ask in Faith" by Elder Bednar and Moya was taking notes and she loved every second of that talk. She is so far in the Book of Mormon, too. She's so cool!

I gave a blessing to a guy who's family is a member but he's not. He was having some bad bleeding problems and has had those problems since the 80's or something. He told me, "when you talk to God, tell him to either stop the bleeding or take my life." I proceeded with the blessing with inspiration to bless him with health, then it turned more towards family. Enjoy the time with your family, enjoy life: that was the stuff I was impressed to say. He told us to fast for him, so we did. We got word he was admitted to ICU the next day. He got surgery and was doing better. Our ZL gave him a blessing while he was recovering and a couple days later, he died. It's sad seeing the family real sad. Next saturday is the funeral so we won't be doing much that day except eating and comforting people.

Sunday was a good day. We got some good giggles from the testimonies there and from a baby blessing. To get the kid to stop crying they gave her the mic. That was a big mistake. The kid made so many noises in there to cause people to laugh and we couldn't really even hear the blessing. Moya and Jabulile came to church and it was nice! They loved it so much! I love seeing people happy after church! We went to a nice house after church for lunch and I got some sweet ideas for a kitchen! They had the sink for cleaning dishes and stuff in the back of the kitchen, kinda away from the preparing area. It was so cool!

Jacob, everyone in my flat loves you. We listen to the cd that I got a while ago with everyone on there singing and stuff and we always quote some of the stuff Jacob says. Also, when Corban is singing "twinkle twinkle little star" he says some jibberish stuff, but turns out it's really Sesotho. We took it to a members house and they listened to that and sure enough, Corban knows sotho. So, send him on down here and he can be my translator for me. Thanks! I love the picture of Jacob. Good stuff! I heard about Jeanette's pizza. That makes me jealous that I'm not in America to get cool things from my family. I'll get over it though.

I love you all so much! Sorry this is so short, but I'll write more later. I love you all so much!

Take care and CTR!

Love,
Elder "Jordy Boy" Langston
Here is a quote, I don't know from who, but its nice. He says: "If you're not doing anything wrong, ask yourself, are you doing anything right? If you're not doing anything right, then you're doing something wrong." Do what's right!!

No comments: