"I just had to send some pictures while the other elders are trying to do some stuff here in town. These are some pictures of some fun with members. There are some pictures of the hawaiian haystack birthday party and the braai we had with the Tshidi family. They did some human sacrifices and pushup contests. It was quite fun stuff. The girl with the cone hat on is the birthday girl. I hope you enjoy some of these pictures".


I'm not sure about this picture. This must be the human sacrifice game. I think you'd have to be strong to play this game and very hungry.

I looked up Braii on the internet. This is what I found: On the surface, the braai (it rhymes with "eye") is similar to a barbecue, but they should not be confused. The braai tradition is intimately intertwined with our laid-back, outdoor lifestyle. It has everything to do with the year-round sunny skies and temperate climate. It's a ritual practiced in homes, restaurants, and camps, at game parks, on the beach, in the bush ... pretty much wherever you find one or more of us South Africans.

I never thought of having push-up contests at a birthday party. Looks like they're having fun. I don't see Elder Langston down there. He needs to stay in shape!

1 comment:
Bryce went to a Braii before his last transfer to say good bye...he said he didn't feel too good the next day. He was transferred to Cape Town...where he has really wanted to go. He is very happy. Thanks for the long and newsy letters --they are great to read. Bryce's mom in Spanish Fork
Post a Comment