Monday, 20 July 2009

"The Field is White Already to Harvest"



Hello family and friends,

This week has been a good one. Earlier in the week we just said goodbye for Elder Whittle and everyone was shocked to see him leave. Mama Ellen shed some tears for him so that made him feel better. Transfers was on Thursday and I gave my departing testimony, and it hit me so hard knowing that I'm done with my mission, almost. I've enjoyed teaching people and seeing these wonderful black people happy. I'm going to miss them like crazy! I got a new companion, Elder Potter from Orem Utah. He's kinda cool. We're getting along just fine.

We had a baptism on Sunday. It was Ellen and her two kids, Bonnie and Annah. Ellen was scared that I would drop her because, as you can see, she's big. But I didn't even drop her so she loves me still. She's a powerful lady! She said "hell no" in her testimony and everyone still loves her because we can say that here. Everyone in the branch is counting down the days till I leave and they are planning a sweet party for me. I'm pretty excited.

The Mokoena family is still awesome as ever! They want to be baptized in September and Mpho, another awesome investigator, wants to be baptized real soon too. Things are going well and I'm doing good. I'm starting to collect things that say South Africa on it. I got Jacob a skateboard that says South Africa but its no longer new because we rode it a bit, but its' still way nice. Don't tell him though!

I can't really think of much more to say. Oh yeah, I'm going on exchanges with Katlehong tomorrow because my companion has to go to some leadership meeting so I'll get to see some old friends and families there. I'm pretty excited! I hope you enjoy these pictures. I hope everyone is doing well. Oh yes, check the mission website soon cuz there will be a video of us missionaries singing the mission song. I'm up on the stage and I think you can see me good. Take care and CTR!

Love,
Elder Jordan Langston

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I discovered your blog a few weeks ago. I've enjoyed reading about your mission. My son is serving in the South Africa Durban Mission.