Monday, 21 July 2008

Email 7-21-08

Dear Family

So this week was a good one. I'll start from the beginning. Tuesday we went to see a lady we tracted in once we got here. She had lots of questions. She didn't like that "the church is run by white Americans." I told her whats up then I bore my testimony to her. It was awesome because she came to church for the first time yesterday.

Wednesday we had Zone Conference and I got to chat with President and he said that he got to meet you at his farewell. We later went to a members house for a girls 18th birthday party and she was bummed when we first got there. I dont even know why but she wasn't too happy. We made Hawaiian haystacks for them and they LOVED them! That made her a little more happy and she also got a cake from one of her boyfriends. She set the cake out on the table and went to get a knife. While she was gone, I secretly switched it with a cake I made that was personalized for her and she loved it even more. The cake turned out good and she didn't even want the other cake her boy gave her. It was cool! She was smiling when we left.

I went to the doctors again on Thursday and he took a picture of my lungs and told me that I dont have TB so thats good but he sent it the specialist to check it out and I haven't heard back from him yet.

We saw Prudence and showed her some General Conference talks from the last one. I bought the DVD because, c'mon, they were some good talks! Especially Faith of our Fathers because everyone believes in anscestors. If you wanna send me any other DVDs that would be great! Even a mini DVD player would be lekker!

I bought a Book of Mormon Stories book for a recent convert who is 10 years old and he likes it. His father likes it even more, I think. We walked in his shack and caught the father reading from the book and he tried to hide it real quick when he saw us. It was like he was doing something bad or something, but I saw that it was the actual book he was reading.

Yesterday we had 4 investigators at church and it was great! I was asked to talk in Relief Society about missionary work and referrals. I am an idiot and I said, "knocking doors is good, but member referrals are gooder." I quickly explained that thats a word that we use where I come from but its not a real word. I felt like a real dummy.

The work is going well here, though. I really am loving the power of the Spirit as I testify. I'm starting to do that a lot more now because I see the power. I love this gospel so much! I love the people here lots! I wish the very best for you all back home!

I love you all so much and am so thankful for the support you give me and for the support from the ward that I'm getting as well while I'm serving the Lord through my fellow men here in South Africa! I love you! Take care and CTR!

Love, Elder Langston

No comments: