Hello family and friends,
Today is Tuesday and I'm emailing. The reason for this is because we went on a 1 hour drive to Witbank early yesterday morning and didn't get home till later that night. The reason for our trek was to seek and destroy the enemies with paintball guns. I had a wonderful time shooting the people in my zone and even shooting my district leader. I got shot a couple times and even smashed my knee pretty good. I have developed a new lump on my knee and I'm hoping it goes away. It is the knee that has already gotten surgery.
The week was a good one. Bob, Rita's brother who use to be a wine bibber, is coming along nicely. We taught him the law of chastity and also the word of wisdom. He said that he hasn't drunk anything for a long time(a week and a half) and even his drinking friends don't come anymore because he's got a new friend. He said the Book of Mormon is his new friend and he's always too busy with his new friend so he can't hang with his old friends. He's pretty cool. He has to work every other Sunday so he didn't make it this week. We are putting him on date tonight for July. We were suppose to see the Zweni family yesterday, but we were in Witbank way too long. They came to church and even the movie night on Saturday.
I've been feeling the Spirit a lot more lately. I notice it as I testify of things and it feels good.
We have to go to Roodeport to drop off the other car that we borrowed while the stolen car was getting fixed up. Oh yeah, about that whole thing. I got my Bible back and my DVDs that were in my bag. Morris got his hymn book back and scripture bag. The way we got it was the Detective went to the guys house and got some of the stuff from inside the house. He said he left a lot of the stuff because they were covered in blood and brains because one of the guys shot himself in the face when the Detective rocked up to the house. They have all the others in custody and we are going to have to go identify them sometime this week. I can't do it, because I dont know what they look like.
I'm glad your memorial day was nice. I love seeing pictures of the family and can't even wait to be there with you all in less than 11 weeks, or something like that. I dont even know for sure. President still hasnt' told me the for sures but I'll ask him when I see him. Actually, I'll just write him a letter and ask him. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. I hope everyone is doing well. I got an email from Grandma and Grandpa Travis and it sounds like they are doing well. I sure love them. I've been slacking lately and haven't gotten around to writing Grandma and Grandpa Langston. If you talk to them, let them know I'm sorry. I love you all so much! I love this gospel! This work is so true and powerful and what a blessing it is for me to be here to share it with everyone! Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder J. Langston
Friday, 29 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment