Hello Family
Well, I'll start off telling you about my week.
Moya is doing good. She failed her first interview because of question 4 but President will come interview her sometime this week. She'll pass and be able to be baptized soon. We also talked to her boyfriend, Colin, and he said that he knows the church is true now. He was pretty much bearing his testimony to us one night so I just put him on date for 12 OCT so we'll see if he makes it.
Thanks, Dad, for the Bear Tracks. I made up a story and some scriptures to go with that and made it into a lesson for less actives about temptation. I even printed pictures of some tracks and big bears to freak the people out. The first time I did it, the family said, "I hope I dont ever see any bears!" I dont think they understood the whole lesson.
District meeting went well. I did it on the Restoration and hit some key points that we need to focus on and then we did a little exercise that was pretty fun. I found random things in our flat to put in a sack and had the Elders pull something out and turn it into a Restoration lesson. It was great giggles, I'll tell you what!
A lady we've been teaching for a bit named Susan is really starting to get answers. We are going to put her on date next time we see her. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! I enjoy seeing people understand and love what I teach them.
We did service at the Thulos' house again and we made them a sweet garden. We were there for like 4 hours just tilling up a little bit of their yard with a short handled pitch fork. We planted some veggies for them so they can have something to do together as a family and enjoy reaping the harvest. I also gave two interviews after the service. It went well and there will be two new members baptized on the 21 from the other guys area.
We were driving on the main road in Katlehong when the car in front of us pulled up next to another car and started yelling. The both cars stopped real abruptly and the car in front of us had two guys wearing jeans and beanies jump out real quick while cocking a round in the chamber of their hand guns. They had them pointing at the other car while yelling in zulu. I dont know what was going on but we were this close to seeing a guy get his brains blown out, but luckily nothing happend. We found out later what was going on. A well known gangster was shot by his friend earlier and the funeral was Saturday so many gangsters were there and the cops were out doing whatever. I guess the guys in the jeans and guns were cops, horrible cops.
On Sunday, we had 6 investigators at church and we got news that there is enough of the higher priesthood to split the ward to make it a stake so that might happen soon.
Thanks for all you do family, and for loving me enough to let me know whats going on. I am still striving to do what is right. I love you all so much! Take care and CTR!
Love,
Elder Langston
whenever my day is getting dark, I remember something that President Hinckley once said: "Look for the sunlight through the clouds."
Monday, 15 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
So interesting to have so many uplifting things happen in the middle of a place that deals with a lot of crime. Six investigators at church! And a ward splitting! That is fantastic news. And I liked Pres. Hinckley's quote at the end.
Post a Comment